Why purpose my property for public use?
- Through the creation of additional bayou access areas and increased recreational utilization of Bayou Lafourche, residents and visitors can enjoy this natural resource more easily. Paddle sports provide a great exercise alternative that is suitable for peple of all ages. Additionally, increased watersports assist in reducing vegetation which restricts the flow of the bayou.
- Reduced Liability: Through LA Revises Statutes 9:2791 and 9:2795 as well as several recent case laws, non-commercial recreational hold limited liability
- FOBL can help by:
- Assisting with BLFWD Permit Process
- Information on vendors and suppliers of materials and products for improvements
- Applying for eligible grants
Supporting Louisiana Revised StatutesRS 9:2791 — Liability of owner or occupant of property not used primarily for commercial recreational purposes
RS 9:2795 - Limitation of liability of landowner of property used for recreational purposes; property owned by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries; parks owned by public entities