Date: Saturday, August 27th 2022
Free & Open to the Public
Motorized Boats Welcome
Live Music along the route
Will include a “Poker Float”
Boat Parade Rules
- Participate at your own risk
- It is the responsibility of each participant to safely operate their own vessel in accordance with local, state, and federal laws, and to be aware of other vessels
- Motorized vessels shall keep a minimum distance of fifteen (15) feet from other motorized vessels
- Motorized boats shall remain at idle speed for the entirety of the parade
- PFDs are recommended to be worn by paddlers
- Participants shall remain inside their embarking vessel at all times
- Be mindful of potentially harmful wildlife and vegetation
- All local, state, and federal boating/marine laws and regulations shall be adhered
- Properly dispose all trash and waste
- Contact 911 in case of emergency
- Contact Ryan Perque at 985-665-8474 for non-emergency
Poker Float Rules
- $10 per entry for the poker float (entry into the boat parade is free)
- Prize: Gatr 45 Cooler & Custom Pad
- Must be in a boat to participate (motorized or paddle powered)
- Five Card Draw Format, five cards will be drawn along the parade route. No wild cards.
- Registration will take place at the beginning of the parade route. Paddle-powered boats will register on land near the launch site. Motorized boats can pull up to the floating dock to register. Poker float participants shall register no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of the parade.
- Only one hand permitted per participant, multiple players per boat is permitted
- Players are not permitted to exchange or swap cards
- Cards must be drawn in designated order, see map for order and locations
- Card Pull Locations #1 & #5 will be in the same location, which is the beginning and end of the parade route
- Card Pull Locations #2, #3, & #4 will be along the route. When approaching, hold up your poker placard that is provided at registration. Event staff will hand out cards via a long pole with a card attached to a clip. This will allow participants to keep moving. Do not exit the vessel at these stops.
- Upon completion of the parade, poker float participants shall submit their placard, completed poker hand scorecard attached to the placard, and their five received cards.
- If a duplicate card is drawn, a replacement card shall be pulled at the final card pull location.
- Participants are permitted to pull one additional card at the final card pull location for a $5 donation
- Hands will be evaluated immediately after the parade. If the winner is no longer present, they will be contacted.